Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Juancho E. Yrausquin-F.D. Roosevelt


This leg started with a bit of a hiccup. After selecting to start on the active runway a Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport (SAB/TNCS) on Saba, the game loaded, only for me to find myself parked on the terrain next to the runway. I wasn't surprised after encountering problems with ATC at the airport on the way in. I taxied back onto runway 30 (which proved to be an interesting trek) and took off. I climbed to around 900 feet and turned to heading 150, which would lead to the base leg for runway 6 at F.D. Roosevelt Airport (EUX/TNCE) on St. Eustatius, better known as Statia. I flew at about 90 knots since it was a short leg. The line up was iffy, but the glide went great and made a smooth landing at TNCE. There were no parking spaces there, but perhaps after TNCS maybe its not such a bad thing.

TNCS-TNCE

No comments: